We collect personal information about you in various ways. We may also get information from other sources, including from affiliates, and may combine it with information we collect about you. Personal information does not include information that is not used to identify you, including aggregate or anonymous information.
Information You Give Us. The personal information we collect includes information you give us, such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, social security number or other government identification number, demographics, activities, location information, and personal preferences. You may give us information in a variety of ways, including when you sign up for services, or communicate with Customer Care.
We may collect different types of information based on your use of our products and services and on our business relationship with you.
Account Information. Account information includes:
· Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you. We get this information when you order or register for our services. This would include information like your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
· Billing Information related to your financial relationship with us, such as the services we provide to you, the telephone numbers you call and text, your payment history, your credit history, your credit card numbers, social security number, security codes and your service history.
Technical & Usage Information. Technical and usage information related to the services we provide to you, including information about how you use our networks, services, products or websites. Some examples include:
· Equipment Information that identifies the equipment on our networks, such as equipment type, device IDs, device status, serial numbers, settings, configuration and software.
· Network Performance & Usage Information about the operation of the equipment, services and applications you use on our networks. Examples of this might include wireless device location, the number of text messages sent and received, voice minutes used, calling and texting records, bandwidth used, and resources you use when uploading, downloading or streaming data to and from the Internet. We also collect information like transmission rates and delays, data associated with remote monitoring services and security characteristics.
· Some Network Performance & Usage Information and some Billing Information is Customer Proprietary Network Information or "CPNI." Unique rules apply to CPNI. Go to CPNI below to learn more about what it is, how we use it and the choice you can make about that use.
· Web Browsing & Mobile Application Information such as IP addresses, URLs, data transmission rates and delays. We also learn about the pages you visit, the time you spend, the links or advertisements you see and follow, the search terms you enter, how often you open an application, how long you spend using the app and other similar information.
· Location Information includes your ZIP-code and street address, as well as the whereabouts of your wireless device. Location information is generated when your device communicates with cell towers, WiFi routers or access points and/or with other technologies, including the satellites that comprise the Global Positioning System.
We collect information in three basic ways:
· You Give It To Us when you make a purchase or set up an account with us.
· We Obtain Information from Outside Sources like credit reports, marketing mailing lists, commercially available geographic and demographic information along with other publicly available information, such as public posts to social networking sites.
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including providing you with services. We use your personal information to do things like:
· Process your orders.
· Protect our rights and property and those of our customers.
· Respond to legal process and emergencies.
· Develop or inform you of new products and services.
· Anonymize or aggregate personal information for various purposes like market analysis or traffic flow analysis and reporting.
· Monitor, evaluate or improve our products, services, systems, or networks.
· Customize or personalize your experience with our services.
· Customize or personalize online advertising to bring you information about products and services of Cellular One or others that may interest you, including co-branded offers.
Customer Proprietary Network Information, or "CPNI", is a subset of Personal Information that is generated in connection with the telecommunications services we provide to you. CPNI includes, for example, call details, call location information, and certain information about your rate plans and features. CPNI does not include your name, address, and phone number.
Under federal law, you have a right, and we have a duty, to protect the confidentiality of CPNI and we have adopted policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with those rules. We will not intentionally disclose your CPNI to third-parties without your permission, except as allowed under FCC rules, applicable law, or explained in this Policy. However, if you are the primary account holder, you may designate other “authorized users” (for example, a spouse) to access and manage your account information, including CPNI.
We do not share information that identifies you personally with third parties other than as follows:
Affiliates. We may share personal and non-personal information with affiliated entities for approved business purposes.
Service Providers. We may share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf.
Group Account Holders. We offer group accounts to business and government customers, family customers and other group account holders ("Group Accounts"). The account holder for Group Accounts is the entity or person that buys the service or product for its employees, family members or other authorized users. You (as the user of a device) may receive service, certain pricing, terms or other benefits through a Group Account with us. If so, we may share with that Group Account holder customer registration and other information related to your use of our services.
Third Party Verification Services. We may share limited personal information (e.g., address, phone number) with non-Cellular One entities to assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft.
Other Third Parties with Your Consent. We may share information with other third parties with your consent. For example, you may agree to our sharing your information with other third parties to hear about their products and services. Use of the information you agree to share will be subject to those third parties' separate privacy policies.
Business Transfers. Personal information about you may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset.
Protection of Cellular One and Others. We may disclose Personal Information, and other information about you, or your communications, where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary. We may access, monitor, use or disclose your personal information or communications to do things such as:
· comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process;
· respond to emergencies;
· initiate, render, bill, and collect for services; or
· facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government requirement; or determine eligibility for government benefits;
· to protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others;
· in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation – in court or elsewhere;
· to protect users of our services and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to such services; and
· in an emergency situation.
We may share information that is de-identified or in an aggregated form that does not directly identify you. We share de-identified or aggregate information for purposes such as to:
· Conduct market or traffic flow analysis and reporting or produce or facilitate production by others of business and marketing reports to share with third parties. For example, we may aggregate customer information across a particular region and create a report showing that 10,000 subscribers from a given city visited a sports stadium. If you do not wish for us to use your information to produce de-identified and aggregated data sets in the reports we share with third parties, you may opt out at any time.
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. These safeguards help protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Be sure to use a strong password to access your information on CellularOne.com and not one you use for other services.
· We don't sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose.
· We keep your Personal Information in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax or legal purposes.
· We will keep your information safe using encryption or other appropriate security controls.
We offer you choices regarding how we contact you for marketing-related communications and whether we use information regarding your online or mobile web activities for marketing purposes. We also offer you choices regarding the use of de-identified information to make ads you see on your mobile device more relevant and to produce or facilitate production of business and marketing reports shared with third parties.
If you disable cookies on your Internet browser, you also may stop some collection and use of data when you visit our web sites.
Cellular One websites are not structured to attract children under the age of 13. Cellular One believes there is no information on its website which is inappropriate or objectionable for viewing by children. Cellular One does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you allow a child to use your device or our services, you should be aware that their personal information could be collected.
Of course, wireless devices and services purchased for family use may be used by minors without the knowledge of Cellular One. If that happens, any information collected from the usage will appear to be the personal information of the actual adult subscriber and treated as such under this Policy.
If you have any questions about or complaints that concern, this Policy, please call us at 1 (800) 730-2351.
We may change this Policy at any time. When we change the Policy we will give notice by changing the date it was last updated or as required by law.